International Religious Freedom Summit will expose dangers Jan. 29-Feb.1
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Mission Eurasia will serve as a co-sponsor of the International Religious Freedom (IRF) Summit 2024 that will take place at the Washington Hilton Hotel in Washington, D.C. from January 29-February 1, 2024.
The goals of the IRF Summit 2024 are to gather a broad coalition in order to increase public awareness about the growing threat of global religious persecution, and to consolidate support among civil, faith, and governmental entities for the practice of religious freedom around the world.
Several prominent religious and political leaders from Ukraine with whom Mission Eurasia partners will represent Ukraine at the IRF Summit 2024, including:
- Victor Elensky, Director of the State Religious Affairs Department of Ukraine
- Dmytro Lubinets, Commissioner (Ombudsman) for Human Rights with the Ukrainian Parliament
- Alexander Zaiets, President of the Religious Freedom Institute of Ukraine
- Mykhailo Brytsyn, Director of Religious Freedom Initiative with Mission Eurasia
Mission Eurasia and these distinguished leaders will present a special seminar and lead a press conference designed to foster a deeper awareness about the following critical issues impacting Ukraine:
- Religious persecution and atrocities (including statistics, case studies, and personal accounts documented in Mission Eurasia’s recent publication Faith Under Fire, which is available online at: missioneurasia.org) committed against faith communities in the occupied regions of eastern Ukraine by Russian forces since the start of the war in Ukraine in February 2022.
- Using firsthand sources to uncover the truth about the false claim promoted by Putin’s regime that the Ukrainian Orthodox Church affiliated with the Moscow Patriarchate is being persecuted by the Ukrainian government.
Members of the media are invited and highly encouraged to attend both the seminar and press conference that will take place on Wednesday, January 31, 2024, at 3 p.m. at the Washington Hilton Hotel located at: 1919 Connecticut Ave., N.W. Washington, D.C. 20009.
To schedule an interview with Mission Eurasia President Sergey Rakhuba, email Clem Boyd, Director of Public Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or text or call him at 724.930.4003.